Saturday, January 24, 2015

A Clear Mind

This day has been good so far...my mind is clear...I am so thankful! I live for days like this. Days I can see things so clearly and accurately. I read up a lot last night about bipolar disorder, I don't think you ever really know all there is to know about this horrible disease. It is nice to get a fresh perspective on something you have lived with for so many years.
One thing I learned last night from my reading was how those with bipolar disorder have a prefrontal lobe in their brain that just does not function properly. I never really learned about the science of it all, but by doing so it made me feel better about my disease. It reinforced in me that this disease is just that, a disease, something that cannot be helped...it is not my fault.
It was very interesting to read how those with bipolar lack the ability to think about what they are going to say...it described it by saying that our thoughts are directly linked to our tongue and we say whatever pops into our brain at the time of an episode. There have been so many times I have felt so guilty over the things I have said to others, mainly my husband. But I understand that there are times I absolutely cannot help it. The things I say are definitely not the truth, but they are the things that my crazy emotions had me believing at the time. I am sure I will still always feel guilty, but I think it is more important to stress to my husband that these things I say are not true.
This disease is so horrible and I feel for anyone sufferring from it...I just want to learn all I can so that I can be a light to others. I want to be able to survive and thrive so that I can be a leader in my community and show others that they are not alone and that they too can survive and thrive. I am driven by my passion for helping others sufferring!
#bipolardisorder #strivetothrive #helpingothers #passionforlife #itsabeautifulday

No comments:

Post a Comment